Wednesday, December 14, 2011

the last day of student teaching

i realized that i did not share my last day of kindergarten. so lets back up to last thursday.
i arrived to school with a gift basket from my teacher. it had....



there were several other books it came with...including a special one of:
the book itself is not what is special, it's what's inside the book. remember the story i told you about the little girl telling me they made me a surprise but couldn't tell me? well the class signed their name in this book and my teacher put a sticker of their picture above their name. so sweet :)

and the day itself went well. it was the perfect last day. in the afternoon we celebrated with this cookie cake:
we had lots of colored mouths and excitement to eat the sugary treat. and no tears! there was a few i was wondering about, and one in particular. when she was walking out the door, she was so concerned for her craft project getting wet by the snow that she forgot to say good-bye. [i was not surprised]

it was a wonderful semester. there is not a single moment i would trade. i learned so much and am ready for my own classroom someday. the plan is to substitute for the remaining of the year. [hoping to get a long term position] 

but as for this week, i plan to get some things done around here [cleaning, laundry, Christmas-y stuff, etc.]

love, b

No comments:

Post a Comment