Monday, November 21, 2011

just around the corner

there are a few things that are right around the corner
1) thanksgiving/cody's birthday the 27th
2) graduation
3) Christmas

and all 3 will come extremely fast [as usual]

1) thanksgiving - im ready for thanksgiving. were going to spend it with my family in the fork. it will be a nice break before the end of the semester.  i am looking forward to focusing these next couple days on what i am thankful for. shouldn't this be a lifestyle?

and i am ready for cody's birthday. he received his present of a HOT flannel shirt this afternoon because i couldn't wait until sunday. when i got home from the store this afternoon, i was so excited about his gift that i directly said to him "i'm so excited to give you your new shirt" within two minutes of walking in the door. [apparently i've been around kindergarteners too long. see story below]

2. graduation - not sure that i am ready for this one. mainly because i am starting to get sad about leaving my wonderful kindergarteners. seriously. love them to pieces. reality of this started last friday. i was gone in the morning and when i returned to school, i was greeted with joy and hugs. the teacher informed me that she made the announcement to the class while i was gone that i would be leaving soon. shortly after coming inside from recess, the students were putting their coats away and i was standing about 10 feet away when i hear "we can't tell her what we made. ITS A SURPRISE" then about a minute later the same girl tells me they made something for me but can't tell me what it is because it's a surprise. now every time i teach or even walk into the room they all exclaim "MRS. ANDERSON!" and look at me as if they will never see me again. i realize graduating means i'm one step closer to having my own classroom but it still makes me sad to leave these kiddos.

graduation also means an unexpected trip to new mexico. cody and i are both graduating in december. originally we planned only attending my graduation ceremony since we were already in nebraska. but a few weeks ago, new mexico state university called cody wanting to order his grad gown. this is how cody found out that he will be graduating with HIGHEST HONORS for the college of engineering!! i am so so proud of my husband for not only receiving this award but his humble attitude after finding out. his praise was directed towards our Heavenly Father for giving him the wisdom and strength to make it to that position. again, i am extremely, beyond words grateful for my husband. [and if you were wondering, our graduations are different weekends so we will both be able to walk]

3) Christmas....decorating ideas are coming. but i feel my thoughts can wait. let's respect thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment