Friday, January 20, 2012

my first sub job!

yesterday i had my first, official job!
i was at the school i student taught at.
let me tell you, it felt SO good to be back [even if it was for a half day].

what did i teach? well, i basically was a floater.
first hourish: indoor recess.
next hour: music teacher for 1st grade.
[this was...interesting! ha! it went well, and thankfully did not have to sing. but there is a reason i don't plan to teach music full time :)]
fifteen minutes: music teacher for kindergarten
[sadly, not the class i taught last semester. but it went so well! so much it made me rethink of i shouldn't be a kindergarten teacher...]
last 45 minutes: 1st grade teacher.

at one point i had to walk past the kindergarten room and was caught by a couple of my past students. with wide eyes and grinning faces, i heard "THAT WAS MRS. ANDERSON!!" and had to quickly keep walking to not disrupt the entire class. yes, i feel like a movie star. and yes, i miss them greatly.

i am starting to realize that i am having a difficult time moving on from those kiddos. but thankfully, God's grace and love meet me right where i am. and show me that he does have a special plan for me to be a teacher. now it's always a matter to truly trusting and believing His truths.


No comments:

Post a Comment